As an off-campus student—especially students at our campuses in Virginia—we want to make sure it is as easy as possible for you to accomplish your financial and administrative business with GW. Use our checklist to make sure you're in good standing with GW throughout your time in your program.
- Contact your program and/or department to inquire about new student orientation or additional details regarding your program.
- Register for your courses.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).Check to see what your tuition rate is for your program, as rates do vary according to program and campus.
- If you're a graduate student, calculate your cost of attendance and Apply for a Federal Graduate PLUS Loan or Private Alternative Loan to cover additional charges or expenses beyond the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan and then submit GW’s Supplemental Graduate Loan Questionnaire for the correct aid year
- 2016-2017 Aid Year (Fall 2016 through Summer 2017) or 2017-2018 Aid Year (Fall 2017 through Summer 2018)
- Note: Distance education students are not eligible for living expenses.
- Please ensure the loan periods you have requested are within the same academic year.
- Make arrangements for your bill to be paid in full by the first day of the semester, or sign up for the Monthly Payment Plan.
- If you have an organization paying your bill (such as an embassy or employer), submit your sponsor authorization to Third-Party Billing.
- If you're a GW employee, learn more about your tuition benefits.
- If you received a tuition award, check with your department to find out when it might be applied to your student account.
- Enter your bank account information in Student Account eBill to make electronic payments and receive your direct deposit credit refund automatically.
- Review the withdrawal and refund policy for your program.
- Be sure to check for financial and registration holds prior to your designated time to register each semester.
Still have questions? Don't understand the process? Can't find what you're looking for? We're happy to help -- just let us know!