About Your Bill
To learn more about your Statement of Account (Monthly Bill), please review the content below.
Statement of Account (Monthly Bill)
- Shows details of all charges and payments on the account for the current semester at the time of printing as well as pending credits (i.e. financial aid awards, ESCI monthly payments, etc.). Example charges include:
- Tuition cost
- Course fees
- Student Association fees
- Colonial Cash Program
- Student Health Insurance ***
- Other fees
- Prior-term balances due (carried forward in summary fashion)
- Items NOT Appearing on the Schedule & Invoice:
- Federal Work Study Awards
Payment for the Statement of Account is due by the first day of the semester.
*** Student Health Insurance
Medical, Health Science and International students holding an F1 And J1 visa, will be automatically enrolled in the George Washington Health Insurance Plan. Students with an alternate health plan can waive the insurance by visiting: www.aetnastudenthealth.com, Medical Plan waiver. Students will be billed in 2 installments, Fall and Spring.
If payment is not received by the first day of the semester, the following will occur:
- Statements of Account are sent to students with outstanding balances after the start of the semester.
- The Statement of Account lists payments made to the account such as:
- Cash or check payments
- GW Monthly Payment Plan payments
- Financial aid
- Monthly bills are produced on an average of a 28-day billing cycle, excluding holidays. Interest is assessed on past due charges at a rate of 12% per annum.
- Any balance of $150 or greater carried into the second billing cycle of the semester will also incur a late payment fee of $75 per semester in Fall and Spring.
Outstanding Balances of $500 or more
· Students who carry balances of $500 or more ($75 for employees) will have student account holds applied. These holds prevent the students from registering and retrieving official records such as unofficial and official transcripts.
The Student's Billing Address
· Students may specify their billing address. If no address is specified, an alternate address from the address hierarchy (permanent, current, etc.) is selected.
· It is the students' responsibility to inform the Student Accounts Office of any change in address by updating their billing address in GWeb.
· Please note that the University has transitioned to an ebill system (i.e. electronic bills are sent directly to the student’s GW email address).